Sunday, January 29, 2012

Waiting for Godot: Are Didi and Gogo a comfort to one another or not?

I would say so...Estragon needs Vladimir more so. What are your thoughts?Waiting for Godot: Are Didi and Gogo a comfort to one another or not?
Woa this is really bizarre but i was just trying to answer this exact question for a journal for my ap lit class. i have a strong feeling you may be in my class, otherwise this is a very big quinkydink



by the way i think they are def a comfort, just reference the many times gogo says he's leaving and then doesn't. also when he comes back to did in the second act, and didi says he'd of protected gogo from the people who beat him. just some of the things i thought of for my journal off the top of my headWaiting for Godot: Are Didi and Gogo a comfort to one another or not?
They desperately need each other. They are constantly trying to distract one another, which is one of Beckett's points. I think your insight about the two is accurate. They entertain each other and give meaning to each other. There's simply nothing else to do while they're waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment